Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It's official

Apparently the messy are more creative and productive than the neat. This is fantastic news for those of us who wrestle with the urge to be tidier but tend naturally to the disordered, although I think we all knew we were in the moral and creative right of it all along. I now hold my breath for the conclusion that the verging-on-downright-neglectful-and-filthy are as gods compared to those who actually do the stuff they are supposed to in life.

That's it, held it long enough. At least I'm reasonably turned out in person. Just don't go poking around in the dark corners of my house...

Did a clean install of the old XP Home on my main desktop box the other day, and in so doing and noting the details I realized that the previous install had worked tolerably well for eight months, which I'm sure for me is some kind of record. All together now - don't keep installing stuff, don't keep installing stuff. Cheap crappy router has also been up for an unfeasible length of time without a reboot. Maybe there's some kind of fortuitous planetary alignment?

The Luminox, which I attended on both Thursday and Saturday last week, was great fun despite a cold wind, and was a great hit with tiny godson and his ragged lieutenant. I took a decent clutch of pics, and they're on Flickr here together with recent ones from the Botanic Gardens and some gurning friends of mine on Saint Patrick's. Do have a look.

I continue to love the Flickr, Platonic of course, despite taking on board some of the downsides to ubiquitous photography.

I am still fairly busy here getting over illness and finishing up some projects, while all the while trying to keep the ancient gaff from falling down. Roll on the warmer weather, when I shall spring forth, camera in hand, and sort out the world and its ills once again...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Steve said...

I'm putting off doing the Hoovering until I hatch a plan for world domination.

Also, St Patricks 106; white wine in Guinness?

10:26 pm  
Anonymous Jim said...

Glad to hear I'm not alone :)

Yes, white wine in Guinness. What can I say? You've seen the state of them.

3:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home