Saturday, January 27, 2007

I do find it a bit irksome having to use Internet Explorer to customize this Blog.

Although there is claimed compatibility with Firefox, certain operations involving editing the appearance of the blog cause the whole tab to shut once I either cancel or save the changes. I've no doubt that this is down to some sort of combination of my pop-up blocking and Javascript settings, but I've spent plenty of time mucking about with these and I am still no nearer to a solution. It's a right pain in the arse. After all this time it seems that we still have no easy way to persuade a browser to do precisely what we want. For all my general satisfaction with Firefox and also with Opera, both are very capable of just turning round and being really annoying under certain circumstances. It's bother me less if I were the only person using Blogger, but if the most popular sites are troublesome - for whatever reason - this is clearly a major problem. Maybe it's Blogger's fault. I don't know. I'll just have to keep firing up IE to do the appearance changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home