Monday, February 12, 2007

If you're a Morsologist,

or a Morsist, or whatever the correct term is for someone fanatically keen on Inspector Morse, and by extension Oxford, then take a look here. My mother has earned great karmic benefits by buying me this guy's book. If you're a fellow enthusiast you may want a copy yourself. There are other, web-based, Morse resources (remorses?) out there which I shall let you find. And in fact other books, though none quite so obsessive in their detail. I can also point you to Jan Morris's seminal book "Oxford", which is wonderfully readable and a great source of general background.

And as a heads-up, don't miss the commencement of three episodes of Morse spin off "Lewis" starting next Sunday at 9pm on ITV1. If you're in the UK. The pilot last year was excellent. As of March 12th, according to current intelligence, you can buy the pilot and the three new episodes on DVD. I will be doing this once I have invested - and it's investment-type money - in the complete Morse DVD set. All 33 episodes, at around an hour and a half and change each. A younger man would be tempted to be the first to watch the whole lot continuously back to back. I know from experience with Farscape that this sort of thing is in my past, sadly. And anyway, I'd have to stay off Second Life for too long.

I am becoming geekier by the minute, and I don't care. I shall Asberg into the future at full bore from now on in.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Steve said...

Thanks for the reminder! I had forgotten all about Lewis being shown this month.

I agree that the pilot looked excellent; different enough to not sully the Morse name but similar enough to entertain the thinking man!

The full Morse box-set... one day!

3:11 pm  
Anonymous Jim said...

It was well up to snuff I thought! And bless you for commenting. Sometimes I think I write this to myself :)

4:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home