Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It's the 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love,

and you can all slake your nostalgic or simply prurient thirsts with this article. There's enough amusing stuff here to take you back for a whole evening. For best results, burn incense and smoke dope and stick on appropriate music. You know etc etc.

Birthday at the weekend, a riot of fun and all-nightery. It's a great time of year to have one. Wish my little Olympus Stylus compact camera worked better in low light though. I don't usually like to take my Nikon digital SLR out on the razz for obvious reasons.

I covet a decent portable location sound recorder, I finally have my hands on "Shakey" and I am listening to Squarepusher. That's me. Every time I buy more Squarepusher I am pushed inevitably towards the conclusion that I lucked out with my earlier purchases though. Get the "Hard Normal Daddy" album, worry less about the rest. As I cycled down the Thames today I became aware that it is eights week or something and there is a lot of competitive rowing afoot. Hard to stay out of the way of onrushing supporters on bikes. Hard to stay separate from the drink, really, and not in the usual sense.

As you can see I have abandoned structure here. No time. Garage Band. Workies. Heat. Art. Funny old world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Chiarina said...

Have a lovely birthday Jim, I wish I was going to be there, I am going to be in Belgium the whole weekend, we're going to see Bruges, Gent and Brussels, I will take photos so you can see! x

5:32 pm  
Anonymous Jim said...

Thanks. These are places I have been, in fact, and very nice. Prioritize Bruges if you can, as it's heaven, then Brussels. Gent is less essential, but worth a visit if you have time to kill... Enjoy.

9:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home