Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I have been very busy

with recording various people's demos for them, as well as gigging on my own account with the Talc Demons - who it seems may have to be renamed to something starting with "Rami and the" for the time being. It has been widely commented that there is a brand recognition problem, and in the delicate early stages of a band we don't need that. We need a following, of course, and these are hard-won phenomena aided considerably by people knowing who it is that they are going to see.

After a world record desperate gig the other week we turned in a good succinct set last night, restoring morale. Above us on the bill were a great band called Imogene, based in LA, who should definitely be checked out by any means possible. They have a Rhodesy, dense sound redolent of mid-period Miles Davis or a dirty Doors. My recommendation of the month, anyway.

I have also been well ill, either with a virus that mimicked being at death's door or possibly with being actually there. At the moment I'm still here, and that's probably the best any of us can hope for. I hope it serves as a partial apology for not writing more or being more entertaining or whatever. I'm afraid that right now all sorts of things in real life are going to curtail my online life a bit. But watch this space, because I am determined to do what I can. I just need to get healthy and stop the water getting into my house and work at making a few bob out of my music for the time being.

Don't go away :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home