Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Rootling around on the web

like a pink pig after truffles, only rather more culturally inclined, I found the earth a bit hard in one of my regular spots. For some reason, although I am a subscriber of long service, John Sinclair's shows have not been forthcoming from Radio Free Amsterdam. Sometimes they pop up in my feed groper and sometimes they do not. I missed a few because of this, and the archive is down. I'm sure it'll get fixed in time, but I really miss the venerable toker and his excellent taste in music and irreverent ranting in general. It's all very well having missed the sixties by being born a little too late, and I imagine that those who were there but cannot remember are able to live with it too, but to miss the show because of something to do with bastard computers is really galling.

I hope he gets things sorted out soon. Probably some domainy hiccup or similar. Cool sounds still available to all at In The Groove, Bending Corners and no doubt a mass of other places where I dare not tread with my obsessive completism in hand. African Rhythms Radio is as good as it sounds like it might be. What did we do before the web?

I have discovered that there are a few bits and pieces from St Germain which I don't already have. Much coughing up to Amazon. Imports, they are not cheap.

My exploration of the cheesy vinyl continues apace. Records just really have it over the nasty CD in terms of aesthetics, and there's something pretty relaxing for me in being able to accept the snap crackle and pop of the shotgunned stuff people give me (or which I obtain for a quid in charity shops) and just listen to the music through it. No worrying about DACs and jitter, just take what you get. Organic. Shenzi. Fun.

A few gigs coming up, all on bills with ostensibly rather more polished acts. We will up our game, we Talc Demons, or we will die with our boots on.

Speaking of which, I had been looking for a reasonably-priced pair of boots recently. This is because my existing pair have fallen apart and are letting the rain in, and there has been a lot of rain of late. Having comprehensively failed to find anything I liked that wasn't a ton of money I then dug around in a corner of the house looking for something else and found a good pair I'd forgotten. Penny saved and all that. I am splendidly booted now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home